Thursday, November 6, 2008

Back From The Hospital

I had my operation on Monday, was discharged Wednesday afternoon, and today's Thursday. It feels...well, it feels like there is a continuing contest of wills between me and a big reluctant hunk of steel in my hip. And sometimes it feels like the hunk of steel is winning.

But I realize that it takes time, and we're only on day 4. I can get around with the aid of a walker, cane and crutches. I keep them stashed around various places in the house so I can get almost anywhere. And there are positives: I have a lot of hospital souvineers (if anyone wants a hospital-sized box of Kleenex or a never-used bedside urinal, please let me know -- in fact, if anyone knows why we even took these things, please let me know).

And my first outside-of-the-hospital meal? Pizza Hut, of course!

I feel I'm at about 50-60% right now, an improvement from when I was in the hospital and could barely understand the election results or the sad fate of the Redskins.

More to come...

4 comments:

Ryan Alexander said...

Glad to hear you are out of the Hospital! Hope you get back to 100% soon.

Unknown said...

Glad to hear you're okay! The Intel team hadn't heard anything until yesterday (Thursday) afternoon and we were beginning to get a little worried. We're hanging in there. Get well soon.

Unknown said...

"Sad fate of the Redskins" - haha...don't you mean, "Wonderful, wonderful fate of the eventual Super Bowl champion Pittsburgh Steelers?? I was at the game on Monday night and it seemed like a home game at Heinz Field for the entire second half! Great game!

Unknown said...

The reason you brought home the "freebies" from the hospital is that your parents or someone you know grew up in the Depression and they took every freebie they could get and kept it forever. Someday your children will have to clean out your house and they will find the never-used urinal along with approximately 2,000 empty margarine tubs.

Hope you are doing well and greetings from the DIG!