Thursday, November 13, 2008

Pretty Good Progress!



I had my first post-op visit to the doctor today. The X-ray of my new hip is fine. It looks like there's a ball peen hammer inside my right leg, but it lines up nicely with my other bones, so life is good.

They removed the staples from the incision, and told me to start relying less on the crutches and walker, and more on the cane, and even try to do some independent walking. The only bad news is that I can't drive yet.

And despite my desperate pleas, I still have to do physical therapy.

I think I've reached the point where, mid-next week, I'm going to move out from under the umbrella of family and friends, and back into my own house, relying on primarily on self-care, with some pre-arranged "drop in" support for shopping, laundry and such. If it doesn't work out, I am apparently welcome to return to where I'm staying now, but I'm pretty eager to try getting back home.

1 comment:

Alanna said...

I'm driving up in about... twenty minutes. I think I'm gonna come see you at Mom's real quick to say hi and see if I can do anything for you.

I love you, Pop. And I'm really glad things are going well.

Love,
Your Oldest