Tuesday, December 16, 2008

A Most Unpleasant Surprise


You know what happens when you reach the six-week mark after your hip replacement? A lot of good things: You get to cross your legs, bend over, drive a car, and start functioning like a normal human being.


But here's the bad news, which I just found at at this morning's physical therapy session: They DOUBLE the number of exercises you have to do, and make them twice as hard!


And it's all focused on my right leg, nothing else. I have a hideous mental image that I'm going to wind up with the same out-of-shape body I've always had, but with a right leg that is as bulging and muscular as one of Popeye's arms.

1 comment:

Kim Maisel said...

Poor Jimmy! Keep up the great work though! It will only get easier (or at least that's what I tell myself every time I force myself to do some kind of physical activity).

You are doing great!