Monday, December 22, 2008

Seven Week Anniversary

At this point, seven weeks after my hip replacement, things are going well enough that it probably makes sense to just highlight the areas that still need improvement:
  • I start the day fine and make it through mid-afternoon okay, but later in the day and evening my bad leg starts to drag -- and therefore so do I.
  • It's sometimes a little hard to sleep with the pain from the scar, and night time is the only time that I take painkillers any more.
  • I still can't completely bend the leg that had the hip replacement, so putting a shoe and sock on that foot is still a daily challenge.
Other than that, life is returning to normal. Although there is one nasty habit I've picked up from this operation: I now have grabbers stashed all over my house, and almost never bend over to pick anything up any more, even though I almost certainly could.

No comments: